- Wealth Management
- Future needs analysis for clients
- Case Evaluations
- Comprehensive Business Planning
- Comprehensive Estate Planning
- Tax Advantaged Solutions
- Physical Injury Lawsuits: personal injury; wrongful death; workers’ compensation
- Non-Physical Injury Lawsuits: environmental liability; employment; sexual harassment; discrimination; business claims; false arrest & imprisonment; contract disputes
- Divorce: division of assets; maintenance; child support; qualified domestic relations orders
- Asset Sales: business; real estate; personal property
- Deferred Compensation: attorneys’ fees; celebrity endorsement
We are NOT licensed to practice law nor do we engage in the practice of law we ONLY provide financial advice for structured settlements and do not represent the client in settling the case itself.
- Sterling Financial Group, 4525 S. Wasatch Blvd. Suite 250, Salt Lake City, UT 84124
Partner, 2011 – Present
- Millennium Settlements, Inc.
Settlement Consultant (fixed annuities), 2011 – Present
- The Asha Foundation, Thailand, Philippines, Laos
Founder, 2002 – Present
- Commonwealth Financial Network – Investment Adviser Representative 2011-Present.
- Hawaii Annuity Consultants, Inc. (HAC), Hawaii
Formed to develop and market annuity products throughout the U.S. Within five years, HAC became one of the largest writers of annuity premium in the US and had working relationships with over 200 financial institutions and more than 15,000 agents which averaged $50M+ of annuity premium per month.
- Capitas Financial
Partner, 2001 – 2006
- The Rockland Group
Partner, 1990 – 2002
- Presidio Insurance Agency
specializing in property and casualty insurance
Founder/Partner, 1993 – 1997
- Million Dollar Table’s “Top of the Table”. (consists of the top 1/100th percent of all life insurance agents in the world) and Court of the Table, 14 times since 1993
- Leading producer AmerUs Life, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2001
- Leading producer Penn Mutual, 2002
- Leading producer Pioneer Mutual, 2001
- Leading producer Security Connecticut, 1998
- Leading producer Sun Life, 2005
Professional Licenses and Registrations:
- Life and Health Insurance License-Multiple State Registrations
- Series 6: Investment Company Products/Variable Contract Representative
- Series 63: Uniform Securities Agent State Law Examination
- Series 65: Uniform Investment Advisor Law Examination
- National Structured Settlements Trade Association (NSSTA)
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA)
- Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT)
- Top of the Table (TOT)
- Court of the Table (COT)
Sean became licensed in the insurance industry in late 1987 at the age of 22. By the following year he was a qualifying member of the Million Dollar Round Table mainly through the sale of annuities.
In 1990, Sean formed Hawaii Annuity Consultants, Inc., head quartered in the state of Hawaii. Hawaii Annuity Consultants (HAC) was formed to develop and market annuity products throughout the United States. In the next five years, HAC became one of the largest writers of annuity premium in the United States. HAC had working relationships with over 200 financial institutions and more than 15,000 agents, which averaged over fifty million of annuity premium per month.
In 1993, Sean began working with CPA and law firms in the areas of estate, business, and financial planning, as well as structured settlements. Also in 1993, Sean and three partners started Presidio Insurance Agency, specializing in property and casualty insurance. Over the next few years Presidio became one of the largest and fastest growing Property and Casualty Agencies in the state of Utah. In 1997, Sean sold his interest in Presidio and focused his efforts in the estate, business and financial planning, and structured settlement markets.
By 1994, Sean was exceeding the premium needed to qualify for Million Dollar Round Table’s “Top of the Table”. He has been Top of the Table or Court of the Table 14 times. Top of Table consist of the top 1/100th percent of all life insurance agents in the world. During this time he was a leading producer for AmerUs Life (1995, 1998, 1999, 2001), Penn Mutual (2002), Pioneer Mutual (2001), Security Connecticut (1998), and Sun Life (2005).
Sean has also been a partner in two highly successful financial planning firms, The Rockland Group (1990-2002) and Capitas Financial (2001-2006).
Memberships include: National Structured Settlements Trade Association (NSSTA); National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA); Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT); Top of the Table (TOT)
In 2002 Sean began spending more time in humanitarian pursuits. During 2002, Sean acquired a 1/3 interest in VRC-Pongpara Furniture Factory from Maha Vajiralongkorn, Crown Prince of Thailand, and started The Asha Foundation (TAF). (www.theashafoundation.com). All income from the factory has gone to TAF. TAF assists in helping marginalized sectors of society. Relief efforts are collaborative with several other organizations, but the focus of The Asha Foundation is in three Asian countries; Laos, Philippines and Thailand.
Sean and his wife Asha reside in Cottonwood Heights, Utah with their four children.
Fixed insurance products and services offered by Sterling Financial Group are separate and unrelated to Commonwealth.Sterling Financial Group and Commonwealth are separate and unrelated to The Asha Foundation and Millennium Settlements, Inc.
About Derek States
Chief Information Officer
- Information specialist foresee and realize the realistic possibilities of information solutions by analyzing, implementing and using various integrated software solutions
- Proven skill in coordinating as a liaison between agency facilitating agency goals and initiatives.
- Design and Implement provide technical and policy leadership and direction from research on trends, testing, tracking that meet or exceed goals.
- 14 years development, train staff, coordination of plans and policies, mission, vision and purpose, and the expectations of programs including generating of progress reports.
- Master planning for projects and oversee committees.
- Implement best practices for enterprise computing, eCommerce.
- Created, evaluated and executed by recommending and/or implementing scope of projects, policies and procedures.
Information Technology Specialist both LAN based & online ecommerce web integrated solutions 2000 to Present States Technology Labs Company
Increased net performance of 14 year old non-profit organization with more than 30 locations worldwide, designed & managed IT computer hardware and system architecture and software solution for 150 multilingual personnel, by communicating individually with each location, by implementing integrated databases, multiple website consolidations, SEM, SEO, SMO, including implementation of multi-layered search strategies, created online enrollment form and procedures with simplified payment gateway interfaces, and landing pages, videos, photos and ad copy posted on the main site and third party sites to capture prequalified traffic online campaigns including gathering data on keyword research, testing and implementation.
Collaboration with clients, staff, and industry drivers are critical to establishing profitable campaigns that deliver win/win strategies on all levels. Results are how performance is measured and personal satisfaction is never achieved as continual improvement is the constant mode of operation to maintain market edge.
Comprehensive website launch from high emphasis on strategic relevant content that is crucial to being market leader.
Conversion rates up from .00% to 4.00% through implementation of web page optimizations, and database integration with website and email marketing processes.
Reduced cost per targeted lead by 34% of budget while increasing net sales by 242% by campaign optimization.
Responsible and accountable for program successes and failures, understands and moves on deliverables.
Communicate progress with management of opportunities & risks that could either be detrimental or positive to the business.
Senior-level work on critical strategic planning, lead teams in creating marketing plans for each office and tracking against those plans.
Implemented and manage tracking and processes for international demographics enhancing ability to target clients
Personnel supervise hiring, implemented and maintained performance based management, facilitate corrective actions and manage the personnel efficiency levels, including adding or removal of employees.
1997-2000 International director of projects for AAPC medical training company build strategic business relationships
1990-1997 International marketing and sales team director for Financial firms operating in Barcelona Spain, Vancouver Canada, & Manilla Philippines
1986-1990 Marketing Specialist for Dahlberg Electronics National performance Director